Homemade Goat's Milk Soap



**Midge + Mowgli is on Facebook!! Just go to my side bar under 'connect' and click on Facebook to like it**


I started looking into making my own soap after my 4 year old daughter got a hold of my regular bar soap while in the bath tub. I didn't realize that she was holding it under water and then rubbing her face with it. Her face turned bright red and started getting puffy. She had such a dramatic reaction to it that it really made me think about what I was putting on my own skin, as well as the things my children had access to.

This Soap is so incredibly easy I feel silly even posting this 'how to.'

I'd posted some homemade soaps on my instagram recently and received several questions about how to make them. I've made several batches including some 'Man Soap' with cedar wood essential oil, cinnamon, and poppy seeds. I made one for my daughters with ground up rolled oats and lavender essential oil. 
The possibilities are endless. I'm always thinking of new color combos or scents to make.

I received the 'herb garden' scent as a sample in my last Brambleberry order. I've been waiting to use it and thought it would be perfect for this soap.


Supplies:

1 pound of Melt & Pour Goats Milk Soap Base
1 T ground Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Fragrance oil 
1/4 tsp color (I used brambleberry's aqua pearl mica)
silicone mold
small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol

I recommend purchasing from Brambleberry. The owner is very sweet, shipping is fast, and her pricing is fair.


Cut 1/4 of your soap into small pieces, to make melting easier. 
You can melt your soap in the microwave or use the double boiler method.


Add fragrance or essential oil of your choice


Stir in your pink himalayan Salt. As you can see I also added a few to the bottom of my molds.
Fill each mold half way.


Spritz with rubbing alcohol to get the bubbles out. 
Let sit for one hour or until hardened. You can speed up this process by putting them in the freezer.


For the top half of the soap you will repeat the steps above only this time add your color instead of salts. 
Again, let sit for an hour. 
Pop them out of their mold and they are ready to be used! 
These would make a great gift, or could be used in a guest bathroom.
Look how pretty they are!



If you make these please leave a comment letting me know how they worked for you or if you liked them.