Little Tiny Granny Square Blanket


Here it is, one of my current work's in progress or WIP. This will eventually be a large blanket and I'm hoping to document my progress. 

I've made many granny squares in my life. I've been crocheting for over 20 years. This particular square is something I started using. It's an adaptation of the basic granny square. 

 My yarn is an assortment of wool, and super wash merino's. I love all the happy spring time colors.


Pattern Used:

ch 4
sl st into 1st ch

Round One: ch 2 (counts as first dc) , 2 dc,*ch 2, 3 dc* repeat from ** twice sl stitch into the top of your first ch 2

Round Two: Sl st until you reach the first ch 2 space. Sl st through the chain 2 space adding new color. ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc. *3 dc into next ch 2 space, ch 2, 3 dc*  
repeat ** 2 more times. Sl st into the top of first ch 2

Round Three: Sl st until you reach the first ch 2 space. Sl st through the ch 2 space adding new color. ch 2 (counts as first dc) 2 dc, ch 1, 3 double crochet, ch 1. *Working in the space created (there is no ch) work 3 dc, ch 1. In next ch 2 space 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc*
repeat ** 2 more times.

Fasten off.
I used this pattern to join the squares as I went along.