Bright Neat Ripple Crochet Blanket



I wanted to post about another work in progress I have going. Yes, I'm aware I have a problem.

I've found a new 'go to' yarn for my blankets. It's acrylic but it isn't like your average Red Heart Brand yarn. It's not scratchy and it doesn't split when you work with it. I can easily run it through the wash cycle, and even throw it in the dryer, which is a must in our house. Not only does it wash up nicely but it comes out even softer than it was before!

In addition to being soft and low maintenance, it comes in some fabulous colors. I love making bright and cheery blankets.

My only complaint is that it is not in the U.S. so I ship it here from the U.K. Not that big of deal but I'm impatient and waiting for it to get here makes me crazy.

drumroll Please........ here it is, Stylecraft Special DK



Isn't it gorgeous?! I order mine here

The colors I used are as follows:

Stylecraft Special DK - Apricot (1026)

Stylecraft Special DK - Aspen (1422)

Stylecraft Special DK - Aster (1003)



Stylecraft Special DK - Candy Floss (1130)


Stylecraft Special DK - Clematis (1390)


Stylecraft Special DK - Fondant (1241)


Stylecraft Special DK - Lavender (1188)


Stylecraft Special DK - Magenta (1084)


Stylecraft Special DK - Petrol (1708)


Stylecraft Special DK - Plum (1061)


Stylecraft Special DK - Pomegranate (1083)


Stylecraft Special DK - Saffron (1081)


Stylecraft Special DK - Sherbet (1034)


Stylecraft Special DK - Shrimp (1132)


Stylecraft Special DK - Soft Peach (1240)


Stylecraft Special DK - Spring Green (1316)


Stylecraft Special DK - Turquoise (1068)


Stylecraft Special DK - Wisteria (1432)

I'm currently using these colors for my second neat ripple blanket. 
You can find the pattern for this blanket here.
Lucy at Attic 24 has so many fun patterns, I'm completely in love with her blog.

Here is my version of her blanket





I really love these colors together, and it works up fairly quick.
Have you used Stylecraft Yarn? What do you think of it?

Happy hooking!